Montag, 28. Januar 2008

Trainingstour cross country skiing

Hello all!

the weekend before last Rudi and I decided to drive down to the Erzgebirge (380km southeast of Berlin) to do some training. Or rather I hoped that Rudi would show me the basics of cross country skiing. We set off at 6:00 a.m., and did some 35kms during the day. The weather was awful and now I know the real advantage of having wax skis (instead of no-wax ski) - you always have a great excuse! The weather changed and wasn't right for the type of wax you'd applied!!! That's the whole trick! What a clever idea - built in excuses.
But what happend afterwards is where we don't have excuses left... stopped at ARAL where they don't sell Diesel fuel, but Ultimate Diesel or Super Diesel. Spiffing. No 2 was cheaper so Rudi grabbed the super nozzle, not realizing, that it actually was the Super petrol and by the time he'd noticed there were already 15 litres in the tank!
In the end the car was towed to a garage 45min away, we had to hire a car to get back to Berlin. Then on Monday we drove the 380km back to pick up the fixed car! What an adventure! Do not try this at home!
Well I fell about 30 times but Rudi showed me the main moves (I hope) and due to lack of snow all over the place my next skiing tour will be the actual Vasaloeppet! Oh no!

That's for now - time for Bed.
Oh I started to jot my running training down into an online Training-log. I'm still filling two, as I'm not yet sure which one I prefer. One is www.trainingstagebuch.org and the other is www.lauftagebuch.eu.

Good night!
C

Keine Kommentare: